By Saida Mahamed
Picture this, you’re being interviewed for your dream job and it’s going well. The interviewer then turns to you and asks, “have you got any questions for me?”. We’ve all been there – wondering what exactly the right answer to this question is. Well, the answer is yes, you do! It’s always important that you ask questions in an interview. Why? Because this is your chance to find out more about the organisation, the way it’s run, and what opportunities there are, etc. It reflects your interest in the organisation and the role, making you look really engaged in the conversation and gives the interviewer a great first impression of you.
Here are 5 great questions to ask in an interview:
1. What opportunities are there for further professional development in the organisation?
2. What is the best part of working for this company?
3. What is the company culture like?
4. What’s the most important thing I should accomplish in the first ninety days?
5. What does success look like in this position and how is it measured?
If you’re looking for ways to professionally develop and build skills for your future, we offer a free training programme that aims to increase your access to opportunities. These week-long online sessions run twice a month and offer you the opportunity to receive ongoing coaching after the workshop. Here are the upcoming dates, and to sign up contact us here – we’re always happy to answer any and all questions you have!
Check out more tips & tricks on our socials below!